George Henry Loring
- Born: 20 Jul 1826, Boston MA
- Died: 17 Aug 1886
Jeweler and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed before 1837 to John H. Sweet in Boston MA
- Exhibition and Fair of the Massachusetts Charitable Mechanic Association, 13 Sep 1837.
"George Whittridge, William E. Gould, John Henry Allen, Asa L. Loring, George H. Loring, and Samuel Doane,
Apprentices of John H. Sweet, Boston. One Case, containing Twelve Specimens of Jewelry. The specimens of rings, pins, bracelets, &c, exhibited by these Apprentices, are highly creditable to them ; evincing mechanical skill, and a disposition to excel, that deserve encouragement. The articles made by G. H. and A. L. Loring, were of a superior quality of workmanship. To each, a Diploma."
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Nevada City, Nevada, CA, listed as a watchmaker.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Nevada City, Nevada, CA, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at San Francisco CA, listed as an assayer in the US Mint.