- Born: 11 Jan 1792, Charleston SC
- Marriage (1): Catherine McFarlane on 23 May 1815 in Charleston SC
- Died: 1 Mar 1864, Charleston SC
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed about 1805 to Peter Mood in Charleston SC
- He was a partner in 1816-1819 with Peter Mood in Charleston SC as PETER MOOD & SON
- He was a partner in 1819-1821 with Peter and Peter Mood in Charleston SC as PETER MOOD & SONS
- He worked in 1821-1833 as a silversmith and jeweler in Charleston SC 4
- Advertised in the Charleston Courier (Charleston SC), 2 Nov 1821,
"South Carolinians: Encourage your own Manufacturies
. . . He (Mood) Manufactures and repairs all kinds of silver work, the silver of which he will warrant superior to any Northern make which he has yet examined."
- Sauce boat, c 1825
h" 4 1/4
l: 7 3/4
wt: 8.2 oz
- He was a partner in 1834-1841 with Peter Mood in Charleston SC as J. & P. MOOD, with a shop at the Sign of the Crossed Spoons. 4
- He worked in 1841-1861 as a silversmith and jeweler in Charleston SC 4
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Charleston SC, listed as a silversmith.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Charleston SC, listed as a jeweler.
John married Catherine McFarlane on 23 May 1815 in Charleston SC. (Catherine McFarlane was born on 23 Jul 1798 in Charleston SC and died on 31 Jan 1857 in Charleston SC.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005