James Edward Merriman
- Born: 27 Jan 1815, New Haven CT
- Marriage (1): Emmeline Sarah Wilcox on 4 Oct 1843
- Died: 15 May 1879, New Haven CT
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He worked in 1837-1840 as a silversmith in New York City NY from a shop at 371 Pearl Street.
- He was a partner in 1841-1847 with Frederick H. Clark in Memphis TN as MERRIMAN & CLARK.
- He was a partner in 1847-1860 with Charles Granniss Merriman in Memphis TN as J. E. MERRIMAN & Co, dealers in watches, jewelry, silverware, guns, and cutlery from a shop at 32 Front Row.
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Memphis TN, listed as a watchmaker.
- He was a partner in 1860-1870 with William C. Byrd in Memphis TN as MERRIMAN, BYRD & Co.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Memphis TN, listed as a jeweler. Robert Francis Wilcox, jeweler, is also listed in his household.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Saint Louis MO, listed as a gun merchant.
James married Emmeline Sarah Wilcox, daughter of Norman A. Wilcox and Sarah Prince Fenn, on 4 Oct 1843. (Emmeline Sarah Wilcox was born on 24 Aug 1819 in Berlin CT and died on 17 May 1857.)