- Born: 18 May 1703, Stratford CT
- Marriage (1): Anne Curtis on 18 May 1730 in Stratford CT
- Died: 26 Nov 1794, Pawling NY
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1725-1747 as a gold- and silversmith in Durham CT 3
- Sword hilt, c 1730
Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Appointed in 1739-1745 as Representitive in General Assembly in Durham CT 3
- Appointed in 1740 as Auditor of the Colony in Durham CT 3
- Appointed in 1745 as Captain of Artillery Company in Durham CT 3
- Chafing dish, c 1745-1755
Yale University 13
h: 3 15/16"
d: 5 7/8" (of lip)
l: 11 11/16" (including handle)
wt: 10 oz, 19 dwt
According to tradition, made for William Samuel Johnson.
- He worked in 1747-1767 as a gold- and silversmith in Stratford CT 3
- Basting spoon, c 1755
l: 15 3/8"
wt: 6 oz, 10 dwt
Engraved CI for Charity (Floyd) Johnson.
- He worked 1767- c 1790 as a gold- and silversmith in New Haven CT 3
- Advertised in the New Haven Gazette (New Haven CT), 24 Jan 1767, as goldsmith and jeweler; that he had set up business there near the north side of College Yard. 3
- Advertised in the New Haven Gazette (New Haven CT), 7 Feb 1767, as a gold- and silversmith. 3
- Beaker, c 1773
Yale University 14
h: 5 5/8"
Engraved The Gift of Widow Hanh / Fowler to the / Church of / Christ in Durham / 1773
Hannah Baldwin married Josiah Fowler, 1723. Her brothers Ezra and Noah also gave silver to this church and to the Plymouth Congregational Church at Milford CT.
- Advertised in the New Haven Gazette (New Haven CT), Apr 1774, shop at new location at southwest corner of Church and Chapel Streetss. near the southeast corner of the Green. 3
- Advertised in the New Haven Gazette (New Haven CT), 1779, that he had few hogsheads of choice West India rum.
- New Haven CT, 1784: opened house of entertainment with new stable. 3
Robert married Anne Curtis on 18 May 1730 in Stratford CT. (Anne Curtis was born on 31 Aug 1711 in Stratford CT and died on 29 Aug 1796.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005