|Charles Augustus Smith
Charles Augustus Smith
- Born: 1 Feb 1834, Auburn NY
- Marriage (1): Jane Hobart Chedell about 1866 in Auburn NY
- Marriage (2): Sarah Jeanette Upham on 6 Oct 1874 in Auburn NY
- Died: 25 Dec 1922, Auburn NY
Events in his life were:
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Auburn NY, listed as a jeweler -- undoubtably, given his age, serving his apprenticeship.
- He was a partner circa 1857 with George Harbottle in Auburn NY as HARBOTTLE & SMITH, with a shop at 105 West Genesee, having succeeded to the business of John Hatch Chedell
. After Harbottle's death in 1877, he continued as a jeweler at the same address.
- Watch paper, c 1860
American Antiquarian Society
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Auburn NY, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Auburn NY, listed as a jeweler.
- Tradecard, c 1880
Charles married Jane Hobart Chedell, daughter of John Hatch Chedell and Melita Cook, about 1866 in Auburn NY. (Jane Hobart Chedell was born in 1833 in Auburn NY and died on 5 Apr 1872 in Auburn NY.)
Charles next married Sarah Jeanette Upham on 6 Oct 1874 in Auburn NY. (Sarah Jeanette Upham was born on 6 Apr 1839 in Elbridge NY and died in 1911.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005