Abraham Van Nuys
- Born: 10 Apr 1780, Millstone NJ
- Christened: 7 May 1780, Montgomery, Somerset, NJ
- Marriage (1): Sarah James on 11 Oct 1804 in , Mercer, KY
- Died: 1831, Danville KY
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He worked circa 1800-1830 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Danville KY adopting the spelling Van Nice.
- Advertised in the Reporter, 15 May 1813,
CLOCK AND WATCH MAKER.
The Subscriber wishes to inform his friends and the public in general, that he has removed his shop to the house where Thomas Harrisson worked for some time, opposite Bast & Youce's coppersmith shop next door to the brick house that Dennis Brashear built for a storehouse, where all kinds of Clocks and Watches will be carefully repaired and warranted, and all kinds of silver work done in the best manner, such as spoons of every kind. Any other work of Silver or Gold, and every kind of Jewelry may be had by making application to the Subscriber, in Danville, Kentucky.
Abraham Van Nice
N.B. All those indebted to the subscriber requested to call and settle their accounts
I will give the highest prices for old Silver, Gold, Copper, Brass and Pewter.
Abraham married Sarah James on 11 Oct 1804 in , Mercer, KY. (Sarah James was born on 10 Jun 1786 in , Mercer, KY and died on 25 Aug 1833 in Danville KY.)