George Tefft Lincoln
- Born: 1832, Attleboro MA
- Marriage (1): Ellen Maria Sanderson on 22 Nov 1864 in Leominster MA
Jeweler and manufacturer
Events in his life were:
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Attleboro MA, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1855 census taken at Attleboro MA, listed as a jeweler, living with his brothers in the household of Otis Erastus Richards.
- He was issued design patent number 3,518 on 1 Jun 1869
GEORGE T. LINCOLN, OF PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND.
DESIGN FOR A COMB-BACK.
Design No. 3,518, dated June 1, 1869.
To all persons to whom these presents may come:
Be it known that I, George T. Lincoln, of the city and county of Providence, and State of Rhode Island, have invented a new and ornamental Design for a Comb-Back; and do hereby declare the same to be fully described in the following specification, and represented in the accompanying drawings, of which
Figure 1 is an elevation, and
Figure 2, a top view of a comb as made with the said back.
In this design, the back is composed of a series of balls or ovoids, abb, and intermediate connections c c, and terminal knobs d d, the whole being formed in manner as shown in the drawings.
The comb-back so made is to be fastened to the upper part or head of a comb, A.
In carrying out the design, the series of balls or ovoids, and the intermediate connection and terminal knobs, besides being formed as shown, are to be arranged in a curve or arch, as represented. I usually make the several parts of wood or other material, and where they abut together I connect them by dowels, and form one so as to enter a recess in the other, so as to hide the dowel and make a close joint with the other.
I claim the said design for a comb-back.
Geo. T. Lincoln
R. H. Eddy
S. N. Piper
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Leominster MA, listed as a comb maker.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Leominster MA, listed as a retired comb maker.
George married Ellen Maria Sanderson on 22 Nov 1864 in Leominster MA. (Ellen Maria Sanderson was born on 7 Apr 1843.)